AccessDubuque.com

Mad minivan skillz
Last updated on May 19, 2010 at 08:59 AM
swagger_wagon.jpg

Everybody in the family has the "Swagger Wagon" song stuck in our heads this morning.
You might have seen this two-and-a-half minute Toyota commercial on Facebook or elsewhere.
Independent film director Jody Hill (of "Observe and Report" fame) created the black-and-white faux gangsta rap video in which the mother (actress Rachael Drummond) and father (Brian Huskey, you've seen him in a bunch of ads) boast about their mad parenting skillz and their great minivan.
"I roll hard through the streets and the cul-de-sacs," raps the dad, "Proud parent of an honor roll student, Jack. I got a swing in the front, a tree house in the back.My 'No. 1 Dad' mug says, 'Yeah, I'm the Mack.'"
The clip has drawn more than 1.9 million views on YouTube. If you haven't seen it, check it out for yourself by clicking here.
Like many commericials made my actual filmmakers, there's a uniqueness that makes "Swagger Wagon" memorable.

Erik Hogstrom
Bio: Erik is in his 11th year at the Telegraph Herald, covering health care, human services, weather, technology and other topics.

Recent blogs:
Recent comments:
Search the 1359 Blogs
Search for blogs in Category:   
Search for blogs in Sub-Category:   
Search for:  

Comments

Note: These Comments are submitted by TH Forum members and guests. All guest submissions are reviewed prior to publication. Content posted by TH Forum members are not necessarily reviewed until a "Suggest Removal" has been submitted.

Create a blog!
(You must be logged in to create a blog)
Most Recent Blogs
Most Popular Blogs